How to Make a Homemade Bong | Apple Bong and Other DIY Bongs
Marijuana enthusiasts do come across some moments where they’ve either run out of cannabis or do not have a smoking object for consuming it.
Whether it’s because you can’t keep smoking material at your home, are stuck in a foreign city with just nugs, or your friends ditched you at the last moment, these circumstances call for some improvisation and creativity.
So, the good news is you have got cannabis. And, the bad news is you got nothing to smoke it with. But make sure to be calm and try channeling your inner MacGyver, and check out simple options for making DIY bongs out of things you probably have lying around your house.
Thus, we’ll teach you different methods here to make DIY bongs.
Homemade Bongs You Can Make With Household Accessories
Homemade bongs aren’t a new thing! People have been finding ways to make an aesthetically pleasing and dope bong with just a few household items. To be honest, with homemade bongs, your creativity is the limit.
So, without further ado, let’s dive in.
One-Hitter Out of a Pen
This DIY one-hitter bong is more like a cigar. It is one of the simplest ways to make homemade bongs, as almost everyone owns some spare metal pens at their ends.
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Metal pointed pen
How to Make a One-Hitter Out of a Pen
- Firstly, pull the pen apart as you get a tube and the pointed metal piece at the pen’s bottom.
- Now, put the pointy metal piece back in pen but in the opposite direction, so it points towards the end, making a cone bowl shape.
- Then, infuse the metal piece with cannabis.
- Later, take the pen’s bottom as a mouthpiece.
- Finally, light your bong.
Water Bottle Bong
This is also a straightforward method to create a bong at home.
Here’s what you need for this:
- Ground cannabis
- A lighter/ Scissors
- An empty water bottle
- A pen with a metal tip
How to Make a Water Bottle Bong?
- Firstly, create a downstem and bowl for your bottle bong. Take a pen and unscrew all its pieces. Discard the ink refill and the end screw. So now, you only have the body of the pen with its top v-shaped metal screw.
- Place the metal screw-on-top upside down, and push it into the pen’s shaft just enough so that it’s tightly held by it.
- Now, get an empty bottle.
- Make a hole to attach the bottle to the pen pipe. For this, use a lighter and flame the bottom third of the bottle. When the fire melts off the plastic, quickly insert the end of the pen inside it.
- Use duct tape or glue to seal the gap.
- Now, fill water into your bong.
- Use a lighter or scissors to pierce a carb.
- Now, pack the bowl with herb, light it, and use the water bottle mouth as the bong mouthpiece.
The Get-You-HIGH Gravity Bong
Now, here’s the infamous gravity bong. A gravity bong is well-known for its capability to pack one heck of a punch. It makes sure to get you blazed just after a couple of pulls!
You’ll need the following items to make it:
- A pin
- A knife
- Aluminum foil
- A larger plastic bottle or container
- A plastic bottle
How to Make The Get-You-HIGH Gravity Bong
- Take a plastic bottle, remove its lid, and cover the mouthpiece with the foil.
- Make some small holes using your pin.
- Cut off the bottom two inches of the plastic bottle.
- Fill another large bottle with water.
- Submerge the plastic bottle open side down into the water until the waterline reaches the neck.
- Fill weed into the bowl and light it up, slowly lifting the plastic bottle so that it starts to fill with air. Keep lifting slowly till the bottle gets out of the water. Now, you’re ready to remove the foil and inhale.
The Simple Solution Apple Bong
You must have heard the proverb which says that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. This DIY apple bong is excellent not only as an environment-friendly alternative but is also budget-friendly!
What you will need:
- A lighter
- A knife
- An apple
How to Make the Simple Solution Apple Bong
- Remove the apple stem by pulling and twisting.
- Make a hole in the top of the apple using a knife. Get in from the point where you pulled the stem, and stop about halfway through the apple.
- Now, poke a second hole with the knife from the lower side of the apple. This will be your mouthpiece.
- Make sure that your mouthpiece hole connects to the first hole you made.
- Now, make a small-carb with the knife.
- Lastly, load the bowl at the top, and you’re ready!
Bowl Out of a Soda Can
This is by far the most comfortable item to make on the list. Almost everybody has cans lying around their house. If you’re in a pinch, this is a great way to smoke.
For making this bowl, you’ll need:
- Poker (pin, keys, knife, etc.)
- Soda can
How to Make a Bowl Out of a Soda Can
- First of all, make a hole in the side of a can towards the bottom.
- Make a bowl pack by indenting the can around the hole.
- Make another hole on the can’s side for the mouthpiece.
- Fill weed in the indented area.
- Now, light the herb and inhale through the mouthpiece.
Undoubtedly, the pumpkin bong is the most oversized household smoking item on the list.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- A pumpkin
- A straw
How to Make a Pumpkin Bong
- Get a pumpkin and hollow it out. Make sure to remove the skin from the walls where the bowl and mouthpiece will go.
- Make a small hole on one side of the pumpkin to attach a metal nut.
- Take a straw and stab it into the pumpkin on the side opposite of the bowl piece. This will be your mouthpiece.
- Add water if you prefer.
- Now, light it up and enjoy!
Starburst Hand Pipe
To be honest, whoever came up with this was just down on their luck or already too stoned. Either way, be prepared for a messy and sticky space while making this bong. However, it’s a pretty creative and cool way to smoke.
The following are the things you’ll need to make it:
- A pack of Starburst
How to Make a Starburst Hand Pipe
- Get a pack of Starburst and unwrap each Starburst individually.
- Pile all the Starburst together besides two.
- Stab a skewer through the connected Starburst to keep them together.
- Now, pile the leftover two Starbursts on top of the arranged Starburst. These will be your bowl pack.
- Make a hole from the top two Starburst down to the initially made hole from the skewer.
- Shape the bowl to hold the amount of herb you want to use in the top two Starburst.
- Now, light it up!
DIY Bongs: Some Important Precautions
The following are a few precautions you must learn before making homemade bongs.
Usage of Strong Material
We do not recommend using flimsy materials for making bongs. Always get strong materials to smoke out of as they won’t fall to pieces. Moreover, using sturdy materials prevents the herb from spreading flames onto something else.
Carefully Choose Among Food Items
Some food items are commonly best to use in households. We don’t recommend rotten food, so make sure to use ripe food items. Rotten food items fall apart as they quickly turn to mush.
Never Use Plastic as a Bowl Piece
Avoid using a plastic bowl for bong. Plastic is toxic when inhaled and can melt if you lit it. People may recommend using plastic to contain smoke; however, all pieces that they suggest are either metals or non-plastic bowl packs.
Last Thoughts about The Best Homemade Bongs
Honestly, it’s irritating to crave smoking, only to realize you don’t have the object. It happens very rarely, but it happens every once in a while. Probably, this is the reason you’re here.
From discovering a last-minute fix or trying the cavemen’s way to light up the joint, human beings always find something to substitute when the actual thing goes missing. Whether you’re amid a long trip or a strict lockdown, homemade bongs have got you covered for your smoke cravings.
Conclusively, this article mentions a few unique DIY methods to quench your thirst for a good smoke and some tips to ensure you’ve everything in place.
The post How to Make a Homemade Bong | Apple Bong and Other DIY Bongs appeared first on TopGrows.